The Switch is one of the most basic electronic components and most people would use a switch many times per day. Switches can be found in many different configurations and physical sizes but all switches the flow of electricity when they are closed and stop the flow of electricity when they are open.
- Identify all components required from parts list and assemble the circuit following breadboard layout and schematic diagram.
- Press the push button switch and you should see the LED turns on.
- Think about how the switch works and what it is made up of.
- Record findings in learning journal.
- If any component is getting hot disconnect the battery.
- Ensure a resistor is used in the circuit or LED will be burned out and damaged
- Ensure LED positive leg (longest) is connected to positive side of circuit
- Check battery voltage with multimeter in Volts DC mode
- Try a different LED in case it has been burned out (ensure you are using a resistor!)
- Look at breadboard picture bellow and ensure all connection are correct.
|VCC1||1||4.5V – 6V Battery Supply|
|R1-3||1||330 Ohm Resistor|
|S1||1||6mm Push Button Switch|
|LED1||1||Red LED 5mm|
Finished? Now lets checkout The Diode